Today is the first day of Fall!!! If you read my last post, then you already know about my love for the Fall season. The way I feel about Fall, is the same way most people feel about New Years.
a New YearFall! It’s like a new sunrise of hope, prosperity and happiness. It’s like a new beginning of thoughts, words and actions. It’s like a new day of energy, strength and ideas. “
Okay, so clearly I’m a little Fall crazy, but it’s the beginning of fun Holidays that bring loved ones together and that to me, is happiness. Now let’s get to the point of this blog post.
I love watching YouTube, and being a fashion and beauty enthusiast, my subscription box is filled with a bunch of women like me. One of my favorites is Jaclyn Hill. I could go on for a few hours talking about her beauty, but her personality is what really shines through in her videos. Last week, she posted a video titled “The Fall Favorites Tag” and in no way am I ready to take a step towards making a video but, I still wanted to do this tag in blog style. Check out her video!
Here are my answers to “The Fall Favorites Tag”
1. Favorite candle: During the short period that Target was in Canada, I went a little candle crazy. Unfortunately there is no brand of which the candle is from, but I’m pretty sure it’s Target’s brand. “Fresh Snow”. Now don’t be fooled by the name! When I smell it, it reminds me of a typical Fall day during the month of October, in Canada. That smell of cold crisp air in the morning with a hint of sweetness, is the best way that I can describe the scent.
2. Favorite Lip Color: I just couldn’t choose between two, so I cheated! I am an absolute sucker for a dark vampy lip no matter the season. My first love is Mac Satin Lipstick in shade Media and I pair it with Annabelle Waterproof Lipliner in shade Bordeaux. They are the perfect pair and adding a lip liner underneath helps make my lipstick last longer. Normally I prefer matte finishes, but when I swatched it at the store, I fell head over heels for this bad girl! My second love is Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in shade 14 Blackberry Sorbet. Such a gorgeous berry color with a hint of bordeaux. These lip stains are the BOMB! They have a matte finish, they won’t leave you with dry flakey lips and they are pretty long-lasting although, I have found that some of the other shades are longer-lasting than others.
Just look at these beautiful swatches! From top to bottom: Sephora Cream Lip Stain Blackberry Sorbet, Mac Satin Lipstick Media and Anabelle Waterproof Lipliner Bordeaux.
3. Favorite Blush: Here’s the thing with me and my blush. I always buy the same colors. For some reason when I’m in the store, I think I’ve discovered this new fabulous blush color and I can’t wait to go home and wear it. Well, when I do go home and put away with all my other blushes, it ends up being the SAME DARN COLOR. I need someone else to start picking my blush for me or else I’ll end up with a ridiculous collection of same colored blushes and girl, we can’t have that! So although I have many brands in this color, my go-to is the Sephora Collection powder blush in shade 09 Healthy Rose. I love rosy cheeks, and even though Fall in Canada can get cold enough to give you that color, I still prefer beating mother nature ahead of time. It’s decently pigmented, so you don’t have to worry about over applying. It’s also long-lasting and doesn’t get all patchy by the end of the day. All around a really great blush.
4. Favorite Nail Polish: If you would have asked me this a year ago, I would have told you reds but this year, I have a whole new obsession. Essie’s Topless and Barefoot is a gorgeous soft beige pink and this color made its way to my favorite shade ever. It gives such a clean and polished look to your nails and I love how great it looks as a base for any nail art.
5. Favorite Drink: Now, I love me a good old hot chocolate but I haven’t found the perfect one/brand that I go crazy over. My friend gifted me this Davids Tea Pumpkin Chai for my birthday last year and it is amazing! I am not a fan of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Chai Latte. It is way too sweet and talk about packing on the calories, so this is the perfect alternative. I add almond milk and a dash of cinnamon, making it the perfect Fall beverage.
Those little orange dots are adorable pumpkin candies.
6. Favorite Clothing Item: It’s a complete toss-up between boots and leather jackets. Since I already shared my favorite boots for this Fall season, I’ll share some of my favorite leather jackets instead. Every year, a new leather jacket is welcomed into my wardrobe. They are so versatile and bring an edge to your look, that’s why I love them so much. Last year I purchased this stunner at Zara. I was looking for something that I was able to pair with my more dressed up looks and this was the perfect fit.I thought my life would improve if I got a leather jacket and I was 100% totally right. Click To Tweet
Here are the next two I’m planning on welcoming to the family.
7. Favorite Fall Movie: Whenever I think about Fall, I think about October. Then I think about Halloween, which leads me to my last thought, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas. I mean, it’s pretty much a double whammy. A Halloween and Christmas movie into one, is pure perfection…if you ask me anyway 😉
8. Favorite Fall TV Show: The Walking Dead. They had me at zombie apocalypse and I never turned back. Although some episodes throughout the season are a little slower paced, the overall story and character development is very well written, as well as the gore that comes along with that type of show.
9. Favorite Thanksgiving Food: Any kind of mashed potatoes! My mom used to make these carrot mixed mashed potatoes that was so good, and now I make garlic ranch flavored and it’s even better. Big holiday feasts are always delicious.
10. Favorite Halloween Costume: My mom used to make our Halloween costumes almost every year when we were growing up. I was Pocahontas, a southern belle Barbie, a pirate, a cat, the list goes on… But my favorite of them all was the year I dressed up as Sailor Mars! Ugh, I really wish I had pictures to show. Instead, here’s an adorable photo of me as Oscar the Grouch.
Do we share the same love for the Fall season? If so, tell me about it! Do you have any Fall traditions? We are going to a pumpkin patch and apple picking, I’m really looking forward to it. Happy Fall everyone!Fall, welcome back you sexy beast! Click To Tweet
Oh hey there! Still reading? You may have noticed some changes to the look of the blog. I’ve worked hard trying to get the look that I want and I’m really happy with the outcome. The blog will be going back to its original schedule, with new posts every Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday! Looking forward to getting back on track with my blog and interacting with my readers. Thank you for the positivity and support you all give me.